Monday, September 29, 2008

fall has arrived



We decided on Sunday to go for a drive to see the fall colors, and what a show we saw. We started our drive up American Fork Canyon where the colors are spectacular.








This is just one of the hillsides that we came acrossed
















This is the canyon road that we took. We had to stop and let the dogs take a pee break and bark at the motorcyclist.










From American Fork Canyon, you go through the Alpine Loop, passed Sundance (Robert Redford's town) and to the Provo Canyon, which was just as spectacular. This was taken at Vivian Park in Provo Canyon.
It was really nice to get out and see the colors. I am hoping to be able to go drive the Nebo Loop this year, which is also supposed to be gorgeous. I love all the color changes of this time of year, but DREAD the fact that winter and snow are next.

3 comments:

Tim and Terrie (tnt) said...

Those are beautiful Fran thanks for sharing! I love the colors this time of the year also!

Suusi said...

Man I wish we'd have gone!!! I'm talking Jason into Saturday...keeping my fingers crossed. You and De want to do a picnic???

S

Fran and Deon said...

That would be fun, let's see how the job situation pans out for me and I will ask him what he thinks