Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Deer (less) hunt so far


Well so far we have not gotten a deer yet, which totally sucks. Especially when we see does and get excited. This doe was standing on top of the hill and we were hoping it to be a buck.







This doe and the one in the next picture were standing in the grove of aspens, right off the road. We were once again hoping for a buck, but then they lifted their heads and we knew we couldn't shoot it. I am really thinking at this point in time that I should have tried to get a doe tag.











Look how big she is







just a picture of another grove of aspen trees, but I thought it was really pretty





Here's Deon on the side of the mountain watching a grove of aspens across the way that we saw a doe and her fawn (last years baby) run into. We were really hoping at this point, but the only other animal that came out of this grove we are watching was a range cow.









Thought that I would finally let Deon take a picture of me.


























































3 comments:

Tim and Terrie (tnt) said...

Looks like fun ;o)

Anonymous said...

So you can only get bucks? Bummer, are you heading back out?

Fran and Deon said...

yea...we only drew out a general Buck tag, and can't get any Does. I think next year I will put in for a Doe tag too. Can you guys get either up there on the same tag?